Showing Respondents Instant Results
- Turning On Instant Results
- Previewing Instant Results
- Who Sees Instant Results
- What Respondents See
- Removing SurveyMonkey Branding
- Display Limitations
Turning On Instant Results
Instant Results allows you to show your respondents a real-time summary of results when they complete the survey. This collector option is turned off for most collectors, by default, but the Facebook Messenger collector defaults to on. You can turn on Instant Results from your collector options.
To turn on Instant Results:
- Go to the Collect Responses section of your survey.
- Click the name of the collector and access the collector options. You may need to click Show advanced options.
- Turn on Instant Results. Your changes are saved automatically.
Previewing Instant Results
You can preview Instant Results by taking the survey through a test collector. When you preview your survey from the Preview & Score section, you won't see Instant Results.
Who Sees Instant Results
Instant Results shows to respondents taking the survey through any collector where you turned on Instant Results. If you're using more than one collector to distribute your survey, you need to turn on Instant Results for each collector.
When Instant Results are turned on, any respondent who completes your survey by clicking the Done button at the end of the survey are directed to the Instant Results page.
If you added Skip Logic, Disqualification Logic, or Quotas to your survey, respondents who skip over questions in your survey may see Instant Results, depending on your logic settings. To ensure they don't see Instant Results, choose to close the survey window or to redirect respondents to a custom webpage.
What Respondents See
Instant Results highlights the results of all the closed-ended questions collected at the time the respondent completed the survey or refreshed the page. See example »
If you added a Custom Thank You to your collector, your custom message appears at the top of the Instant Results page.
After clicking the secondary Done button at the bottom of the Instant Results page, respondents see the Survey End Page. Survey responses are submitted when a respondent clicks the Done button on the last page of your survey—respondents don't need to click the Done button on the Instant Results page to submit their responses.
Removing SurveyMonkey Branding
You can remove SurveyMonkey branding that appears on the Instant Results page if you're using the White Label URL (research.net) on your collector.
Instant Results is intended to be a quick snapshot of your survey results, so there are some display limitations to consider:
- Instant Results doesn't display individual responses or open-ended responses, including Slider question responses.
- Instant Results doesn't display if you add an image to an answer choice field.
- Instant Results doesn't display for surveys with more than 15 closed-ended questions.
- Instant Results doesn't display for surveys with more than 10,000 responses.
- When you hit your account's response limit, Instant Results won't show any new responses.
- Instant Results doesn’t display when using a Website Collector.
- Instant Results doesn't display when using Kiosk Mode.
- After you collect 100 responses, Instant Results may take up to 15 minutes to refresh and include new responses.
- Edits you make to your survey design or collector options may take up to 15 minutes to display on the Instant Results page.
- The chart types and display options used for Instant Results cannot be customized.
- All variables included in any A/B tests you used may display on Instant Results.