A View is a snapshot of your data made up of any Filter, Compare, or Show rules that you apply to the survey results. You can save views so that you can easily toggle back and forth between different views of your data at any time, without having to constantly recreate them.
For example, say you conducted a customer satisfaction survey and you'd like to be able to easily toggle back and forth between the data for each separate store location. You can create a Filter by Question & Answer for one store location, and then save that view. Create and save a view for each location, so you can easily switch between each location's data at any time.
When you create a Filter, Compare, or Show rule, the rule is listed in the Current View section of the left sidebar. All active rules listed in the Current View section are applied to the results summary on the right side of the page.
An active rule is indicated by the green line to the left of the filter.
When no rules are applied to the data, the full data summary is shown in the results summary on the right side of the page. We call this the Original View. You can switch back to the Original View at any time by clicking Original View in the Saved Views section of the left sidebar.
You can save the Current View at any time to create a Saved View that you can return to later. This will allow you to preserve particular filters, comparisons, and visible segments of your data without having to reapply all these attributes one-by-one later on.
To save a view:
- Refer to the Current View section of the left sidebar to see which rules are currently applied. These are the rules that will be included in the Saved View.
- In the Saved Views section of the left sidebar, click +Save As.
- Create a title for the view. If your survey is shared with a team, your saved view is visible to all collaborators when they access the results for the survey. Clear names make it easy for other collaborators to recognize and use your view in their own analysis.
- Click Save.
In the Saved Views section of the left sidebar, the Green line indicates that a Saved View is activated. The Rules tied to this Saved View will be listed in the Current View section, and reflected in the results summary on the right side of the page.
Exporting Saved Views
You can export a Saved View directly from the Saved Views section of the left sidebar, which will automatically apply all rules included within that View to your exported data.
To export a Saved View:
- Click the black ... to the right of the Saved View.
- Choose Export View.
- Choose the format you'd like to export and specify the settings you'd prefer.
- Click Export.
Editing Saved Views
If you add or delete a rule while a Saved View is activated, you will see Save and Revert buttons appear next to the Saved View. Click Save to save the new rule to that Saved View. Click Revert to revert back to the Saved View as it was before.
To make the most of using Views, we recommend also viewing the following articles: