Viewing Individual Responses
To view individual survey responses:
- Go to the Analyze Results section of your survey.
- Click the Individual Responses tab toward the top of the page.
- Use the left and right arrows to browse responses. See additional actions and keyboard shortcuts at the end of this page.
At the top of each individual response, you'll see the following respondent metadata:
|Completeness||The response status: Complete, Partial, Disqualified, or Over Quota.|
|Collector||The collector nickname and type.|
|Start Date & Time*||The time the respondent accessed the survey by clicking the survey link.|
|Last Modified||The time the respondent clicked Next or Done, or the respondent's most recent activity if you allow Response Editing.|
|Time Spent||The difference between the Started and Last Modified times.|
|IP Address||Recorded if Anonymous Responses is turned off.|
|Email Address||Recorded if you sent your survey via Email Invitation and have Anonymous Responses turned off.|
|First & Last Name||Recorded if you sent your survey via Email Invitation, included this custom data, and have Anonymous Responses turned off.|
|Custom Data 1||Recorded if you sent your survey via Email Invitation, included this custom data, and have Anonymous Responses turned "off, include all respondent information" or "on, only exclude personal information".|
* When browsing responses or exporting survey data on SurveyMonkey, the date and time is determined by the time zone of the computer or device you're using unless you're using the XLS export format. XLS exports always display with a UTC timestamp.
Filtering by Respondent Metadata
You can filter your survey results by respondent metadata. When creating the filter, you can use different symbols in the search field to help you find the responses you're looking for.
|Search Symbol||Use||Search Example||Search Result Example|
|No symbol||Find responses including this phrase||ap||
|^||Find responses beginning with this phrase||^I love||
|$||Find responses ending with this firstname.lastname@example.org$||
|.*||Find responses that included the phrase mentioned with a wildcard in the middle||J.*@surveymonkey.com||
|\||Find responses that include these special characters: ^ $ or *||\$||
Additional Actions & Keyboard Shortcuts
When browsing individual responses, you may find some of the following actions and shortcuts handy.
- To skip directly to a specific respondent, click the Respondent # drop-down menu and enter the number.
- Use the All Pages drop-down menu to show All Pages or only one page at a time.
- Edit, Delete, or Export an individual response in the upper-right corner of the grey box with the respondent metadata.
- Hit j on your keyboard to view the previous respondent.
- Hit k on your keyboard to view the next respondent.