Adding a Custom Thank You
You can add a Custom Thank You to the end of your survey. It displays after someone completes the survey. When you view a survey preview, you won't see the Custom Thank You since this is a collector option and not a survey design option.
To add a Custom Thank You:
- Go to the Collect Responses section of your survey.
- Click the name of the collector and access the collector options. You may need to click Show advanced options.
- Turn on Custom Thank You (previously known as Thank You Page).
- Customize the message. Your changes save automatically.
Your Custom Thank You can have up to 2,000 characters.
If you're using the Facebook Messenger collector, you're not able to add a thank you message to your survey.
Custom Thank You Turned On
Respondents see your Custom Thank You after clicking the Done button at the end of your survey. The format of the Custom Thank You matches your survey's theme—it looks just like another page in your survey.
After clicking the secondary Done button on the page with your Custom Thank You, respondents see your Survey End Page.
Survey responses are submitted when a respondent clicks the Done button on the last page of your survey—respondents don't need to click the Done button on the page with your Custom Thank You to submit their responses.
Custom Thank You Turned Off
After clicking the Done button on the last page of your survey, respondents see your Survey End Page.
Respondents Can't Access My Survey
If your survey allows only one response computer, respondents who try to access the survey again see the following notification: You have already taken this survey.
If you're using the White Label URL on your collector and only allow one response per computer, respondents are taken directly to your Custom Thank You if they already submitted a response.
To allow respondents to re-access the survey:
- You can turn on Multiple Responses.
- If you don't want to allow multiple responses per computer, you can choose to turn on Response Editing at any time.
Removing SurveyMonkey Branding
You may also need to remove the SurveyMonkey footer from your survey design.