Social Media Collector
Use the Social Media Collector to create a post on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn that links directly to your survey.
To post to social media:
- Go to the Collect Responses section of your survey.
- Choose Post to Social Media.
- Review the collector options below the survey link to control the survey experience or add restrictions to the survey. For example, you can turn off Facebook Sharing or turn on Multiple Responses.
- If you'd like, edit the nickname of the collector by clicking the pencil icon in the dark grey bar at the top left of the page—this nickname does not show to respondents.
- Below your survey link on the right, click one of the icons: Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
- Follow the details outlined below for the social media platform you selected.
To post a link to your survey:
- Open your Social Media Collector and click the Facebook icon.
- Edit the Headline and Message to describe what the survey is about and why you want people to take it. You won't be able to edit this info once you share the post.
- Click Next. This opens a Facebook window so you can see what your Facebook post will look like. You may need to log in.
- Edit the Facebook post. You can leave the text box blank and you can edit this text at any time within Facebook. It's not possible to edit the default image associated with the Facebook post.
- Edit the privacy settings by clicking the globe icon at the bottom of the post. This allows you to control who can see the post.
- Click Share from the Facebook window.
To post a link to your survey:
- Open your Social Media Collector and click the Twitter icon.
- Edit your tweet. Remember, once you publish a tweet, there's no way to edit it.
- Click Tweet.
After you click Tweet, the window will close automatically. To view your Tweet, open a new tab in your browser and load your Twitter profile.
Managing Your Collector
You can create a new post at any time without creating a new collector—just go to your existing Social Media Collector and click the Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn icon.
You can create a Custom URL Ending for your survey link by clicking the gear icon to the right of the survey link within the collector.
You can use the White Label URL to change the survey domain from surveymonkey.com to research.net by clicking the gear icon to the right of the survey link within the collector.
When you create a Custom URL Ending or change the domain of your survey link, it only affects new posts you create using that collector. It's not possible to change the survey link of posts that you already shared on social media, but both links will continue to work and record responses in the same collector.
Below the survey link in your collector options, you can toggle the Facebook Sharing option on or off:
|On, include a sharing link at the bottom of your survey||This adds a blue Facebook share button at the bottom of your survey so people can post your survey on their Timeline or share it with their network. The Facebook message associated with the post can be edited, but the SurveyMonkey headline and message are auto-generated and can't be edited.|
|Off, don’t include a sharing link at the bottom of your survey||This removes the blue Facebook share button from the bottom of your survey. Keep in mind, respondents taking your survey can copy and paste the survey link from the address bar to share it.|
Your post is visible on your personal Timeline and in News Feeds to those who have access to view it. To edit who has access to view your post, go to your Facebook Timeline and click the grey down arrow to the right of the time stamp of the post. Learn more in Facebook's Help Center »