Multiple Choice Question
Multiple Choice is a simple closed-ended question type that lets respondents select one answer from a defined list of choices.
Creating a Multiple Choice Question
To add this question type:
- Drag and drop Multiple Choice into your survey from the BUILDER section.
- Enter question text.
- In the Answers fields, enter each answer choice.
- Configure any additional options.
- Click Save.
Options & Settings
Under the Edit, Options, and Logic tabs, you can further customize the question in the following ways:
- Score the Question (Enable Quiz Mode)
- Add an "Other" Answer Option or Comment Field
- Carry Forward Responses
- Require an Answer
- Change the Question Size & Layout
- Sort, Randomize, or Flip Choices
- Add Question Skip Logic
- Add Question & Answer Piping
Learn more: Editing Questions
Before you send out your survey, preview your survey design to see what your survey will look like to respondents.
- Weighted Average: Shows the average rating for each choice.
- Distribution: Shows the number or percentage of respondents that selected each answer choice.
If you show Weighted Averages, we apply weights to each answer choice. The weights match the order of the answer choices in your survey design, and can't be changed.
- The first answer choice has a weight of 1
- The second answer choice has a weight of 2
- The third answer choice has a weight of 3
Calculating Weighted Averages
The rating average is calculated as follows, where:
w = weight of the answer choice
x = response count for the answer choice
x1w1 + x2w2 + x3w3 ... xnwn
Total response count