Image Choice Question
Image Choice is a simple, closed-ended question type that lets respondents select one or more image answers from a defined list of image choices. The images auto-format to look great on desktop or mobile.
Creating an Image Choice Question
You can add up to 10 images per Image Choice question and each image must be 2MB or less.
To add this question type:
- Drag and drop Image Choice into your survey from the BUILDER section.
- Enter question text.
- In the answer fields, either upload your images or enter the URLs of images from the web.
- (Optional) Enter image captions. These will be visible to survey-takers.
- Configure any additional options.
- Click Save.
Options & Settings
Under the Edit, Options, and Logic tabs, you can further customize the question in the following ways:
- Allow more than one answer to this question (use checkboxes)
- Score the Question (Enable Quiz Mode)
- Require an Answer
- Require a specific number, range, or limit of choices
- Randomize, Sort, or Flip Choices
- Add Question Skip Logic
Learn more: Adding & Editing Questions
Before you send out your survey, preview your survey design to see what your survey will look like to respondents.
If you require survey-takers to answer a specific range or number of answer choices, make sure to customize the error message to reflect the requirement so people will know how to answer the question correctly.
If you added captions to the images, you’ll see those labels displayed in the chart. Otherwise, images will be labeled with a number based on the order they appear in the survey. For example, the first image will be labeled Image 1, and the second image will be labeled Image 2.