Dropdown is a closed-ended question that allows respondents to choose one answer choice from a list of choices presented in a dropdown menu.
If you want to display answer choices as radio buttons or checkboxes, use the Multiple Choice question.
Creating a Dropdown Question
To add this question type:
- Drag and drop Dropdown into your survey from the BUILDER section on the Design Survey page.
- In the Answers fields, enter each answer choice. If you have a long list, you can copy and paste the answer options.
- Configure any additional options.
- Click Save.
Under the Edit, Options, and Logic tabs, you can further customize the question in the following ways:
- Add an "Other" Answer Option or Comment Field
- Require an Answer
- Change the Question Size & Layout
- Sort, Randomize, or Flip Choices
- Add Question Skip Logic
- Add Question & Answer Piping
Learn more: Editing Questions
Before you send out your survey, preview & test your survey design to see what your survey will look like to respondents.
Respondents can only select one answer from the Dropdown question.
Dropdown questions are easy to analyze since they only allow one answer. You can create Filter and Compare rules to break down your survey results, and every chart type is available for this question.