Creating Surveys from Templates
You can create a survey from a SurveyMonkey template to save time and be sure that you're asking balanced survey questions that get you the data you need. The questions used in these pre-made surveys are written to reduce bias and utilize best practices for data collection.
You can still customize the survey and questions when starting from a template—feel free to add or edit questions, delete questions, and change the look and feel of your survey before sending it to respondents.
To create a survey from a SurveyMonkey template:
- Click + Create Survey in the upper-right corner of your account.
- Scroll down the page and click ALL TEMPLATES.
- Choose a category from the list on the left to browse available templates, or search templates by keyword.
- Click on any template to see a preview of the survey questions and a quick overview of the survey.
- When you find a template you want to use, click Use this template at the bottom of the preview.
- Edit the survey however you'd like.
Some templates are only available on paid plans. For example, many templates that have more than 10 questions require a paid plan to add them. Some templates with more than 10 questions are available on all plans, but you'll need a paid plan in order to edit the questions in the template.
|When you browse through templates, the benchmark icon indicates whether a question or template is benchmarkable.|
The best place to browse and preview our full selection of templates is in your account by following the steps above. Or you can view a list of templates, but this page isn't as up-to-date as what you see in your account.
If you're a Primary Admin or Admin of a team, you can create your own templates that anyone in your team can use in your team's Library.