Momentive and IRB Guidelines
This help article outlines the potential guidelines for using Momentive as a tool to survey research participants. These are criteria that most university IRB’s recommend when using an online survey tool to collect data. It is important to engage your Institutional Review Board to approve.
Obtaining Written Permission to Conduct Research Using Momentive
We are happy to assist you with getting the approvals you need to perform your student research. Here is a letter on Momentive letterhead that you can provide to your IRB to evidence permission to use the Momentive platform to conduct your research: Permission to Conduct Research Using Momentive (PDF)
- Disable IP address tracking to make the survey anonymous.
- Include a consent form on the first page of your survey.
- Momentive records the respondent time stamp. This is important especially for respondents that consented to taking your survey.
- The survey should allow for “no response “or “prefer not to respond” as an option for every survey question. A survey where a respondent cannot proceed without answering the question is in violation of the respondent’s right to withhold information.
- At the end of the survey, the respondent should be given an option to withdraw from survey.
Database and Server Security
If you're a covered entity regulated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and want to collect protected health information in your health and well-being surveys, please see HIPAA Compliance at Momentive for more details.