The Date/Time question allows you to collect date and time information in a consistent format.
Creating a Date/Time Question
To add this question type:
- Drag and drop Date/Time into your survey from the BUILDER section on the Design Survey page.
- Enter a row label. This will appear to the left of the textboxes.
- Optional: Click + to add more rows if needed.
- Choose whether you want to collect Date Info, Time Info, or both.
- If you're collecting Date Info, select whether you want the fields to be in MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY format. Make sure to customize the date validation message. If respondents enter their response in the wrong format, your error message will help them answer the question correctly to move forward.
- Configure any additional options.
- Click Save.
Under the Options tab, you can further customize the question in the following ways:
- Require an answer
- Sort, randomize, or flip textboxes
- Change the question size & layout
- Enable question text A/B test
Learn more: Editing Questions
Before you send out your survey, preview & test your survey design to see what your survey will look like to respondents.
View an example Date/Time question with multiple rows.
Respondents can enter times in 24-hour notation. However, please note that the AM/PM dropdown menu appears no matter what, and respondents must choose either AM or PM in order to submit the question successfully without errors.
|Values in Hour Field||AM/PM Selections Allowed|
|13 to 23||PM|
|01 to 12||AM or PM|
When you view your results in the Analyze Results section, dates and times will be presented together as a single text response. You can use Text Analysis to categorize responses.
If you added multiple rows, you can expand the responses for each row label to see which dates or times respondents entered for each textbox. You can view each respondent's full set of answers under the Individual Responses tab.
View example results for a Date/Time question with multiple rows.
Charts are not generated for this open-ended question type.