Adding a Consent Statement or Privacy Notice
You can ask people taking your survey to agree to a consent statement outlining data transfer practices, privacy practices, how cookies are used, or other policies. Using logic, you can skip people who do not agree out of the survey. This is helpful if you're sending surveys to people who reside in the European Union where this may be required by data laws.
Setting Up Your Survey
To require respondents to agree to a consent statement:
- Go to the Design Survey section of your survey.
- Scroll down the Builder in the left sidebar to add an Intro Page.
- Drag and drop W Text on the page.
- Enter your consent request language. We suggest that you include a link to the Momentive Privacy Notice and disclose to respondents that any personal data collected from them in the survey may be transferred to various countries, including the United States and other locations Momentive has offices.
- On the Intro Page, drag and drop a Multiple Choice question underneath your consent or privacy statement with two answer choices: Yes and No. See example question text below.
- Click the Options tab and check Require an Answer to This Question.
- Add Question Skip Logic to the No answer choice. Choose to disqualify respondents who select No.
- Edit the Disqualification Page for any collectors you add to the survey—respondents who select No will see this page.
This article is intended by way of example of how you might approach adding a consent statement or privacy notice and does not constitute, nor should it be understood as, legal advice intended to be relied upon by any SurveyMonkey customers. We recommend that you obtain independent legal advice with respect to your organization's specific regulatory and legal obligations.