How to Pay by Invoice
How Invoicing Works
If you'd like to be emailed an invoice to pay manually rather than be auto-charged for your subscription, you can pay by invoice. Invoicing is available for annual plans only. Here's how it works:
- We’ll email you and your billing contact an invoice after you sign up. When it's time to renew, we'll email you the next invoice to pay 45 days before your renewal.
- The payment methods you can use and any special instructions will be right there on the invoice.
- If you’re paying the invoice by credit or debit card, make sure not to check the box to "make this the default payment method" or it’ll switch you to auto-pay!
- You need to keep auto-renew turned on to be emailed an invoice. This doesn’t mean we auto-charge you! It just means we can automatically create an invoice to email you. If you turn auto-renew off, we won’t create you an invoice and your account will downgrade at your renewal date.
- Just make your payment by the renewal date and you’ll be all set! If your payment arrives a little late, don’t worry—you won’t lose access to your account, surveys, or data right away (we have a short grace period). But you might not be able to download results until your payment arrives. After some time has passed and we don't get your payment, your account will downgrade to a free plan, but you can upgrade again whenever.
Choosing Invoice During Checkout
When you sign up for a paid plan, the payment methods you can choose from are all right there on the SurveyMonkey checkout page after you choose your billing country. Select Invoice on the checkout page, confirm your subscription, then go to your Transaction History and click Pay Invoice. You can use paid features as soon as your payment is processed.
Switching Your Account to Invoicing
If you've already got a paid account and you want to switch from having your card auto-charged to being emailed an invoice, no problem! As long as you have an annual plan, we can update your account.
To switch to invoicing:
- Make sure the info in your Billing Details is up to date—your billing email address, postal address, billing contact name, phone number, purchase order number, anything and everything that relates to your payment method.
- Contact us and let us know you'd like to switch to invoicing. Make sure you understand how invoicing works by reading the info at the top of this article.
- That's it! We'll send you an invoice to pay for your next renewal. Remember, you need to keep auto-renew turned on in your account. This means you’ll get your invoice 45 days before your next renewal. Auto-renew doesn’t mean we auto-charge you! It just means we can automatically email you an invoice that you can pay manually when the time comes.