Checkboxes is a simple closed-ended question type that lets respondents select multiple answers from a defined list of choices.
Creating a Checkboxes Question
To add this question type:
- Drag and drop Checkboxes into your survey from the BUILDER section.
- Enter question text.
- In the Answers fields, enter each answer choice.
- Configure any additional options.
- Click Save.
Options & Settings
Under the Edit, Options, and Logic tabs, you can further customize the question in the following ways:
- Score the question (enable quiz mode)
- Require a specific number, range, or limit of choices
- Add an "Other" answer option or comment field
- Carry forward responses
- Require an answer
- Change the question size and layout
- Sort, randomize, or flip answer choices
- Add question skip logic
- Add question and answer piping
Learn more: Editing Questions
Before you send out your survey, preview your survey design to see what your survey will look like to respondents.
If you require respondents to answer a specific range or number of answer choices, make sure to customize the error message to reflect the requirement so respondents will know how to answer the question correctly.