You can export your survey results as a CSV (Comma Separated Value). CSV exports open in spreadsheet software programs, like Excel or Numbers. See example exports »
To export your survey results:
- Go to the Analyze Results section of your survey.
- Click Save As at the top of the page.
- Click Export file.
- Select an export type: All Summary Data or All Responses Data.
- Choose CSV, select your export options, and click Export.
- Under } Exports in the left sidebar, click the export to download the file to your computer. Exports are stored here for 14 days.
All Summary Data
All Summary Data exports organize survey results by question. Depending on question type, the CSV export includes:
- The text of the question and answer options
- The response count and percentage per answer choice
- The number of respondents who answered and the number who skipped the question
Make sure to select include open-ended responses when exporting to see answers from Comment Boxes, Textboxes, or questions where Other was an answer option or comment field. This will download additional spreadsheets for each open-ended response you have.
You'll notice the export comes with two file types: CSV and XLS. Both contain the same information. The difference is that CSVs are saved in plain text with fields separated by commas, while XLS files may contain rich text and separate fields by cells. Unless you know you need a CSV file, open the XLS files—they are typically easier for most people to use.
All Responses Data
All Responses Data exports organize survey results by respondent. CSVs are saved in plain text with fields separated by commas.
Opening a CSV
In your export, we include a Read Me file with instructions for opening a CSV. In most cases, you can open a CSV by double-clicking it. This will open your default spreadsheet program.
In some cases, you may need to use the Text Import Wizard to help you open the file. Make sure to select Delimited, Comma, and Text in the prompts. Use the Text Import Wizard if:
- You used Unicode in your survey and the characters aren't displaying correctly
- The data is displaying all in one column
- Data from your survey is being converted into a date when it should be a fraction or score