Account Response Limits
Basic (Free) Plan
With a Basic (free) plan you can collect unlimited responses for free, with view-only access to 40 responses per survey.
Extra responses over your response limit are not viewable, and each response over the limit will be deleted 60 days after it's received.
A monthly plan includes 1,000 responses per monthly billing cycle across all surveys (not 1,000 responses per survey). Unused responses do not roll over. You can check your monthly response count from My Account at any time.
If you exceed 1,000 survey responses in any given monthly billing cycle, there is an additional charge per response:
- All responses, including ones you delete, count towards your overage.
- You'll receive a separate invoice for Billable Responses at your next billing date.
- You’re billed automatically to the payment method on file on the start date of the next billing cycle. Your next month and your overages are billed at the same time but as two separate charges.
- The amount depends on the currency in which you pay for your plan. To review the overage charge price, view the monthly pricing details.
- The response count is set back to 0 at the start of the next monthly billing cycle.
Upgrade to an annual plan to view and collect larger amounts of survey responses.
SurveyMonkey Audience Responses
SurveyMonkey Audience responses are not included in SurveyMonkey plans—this is a separate service you can use to buy respondents to take your survey.
If you purchase more Audience responses than allowed in your plan, you may be charged overage fees.
Learn more: Buying Survey Responses