How to Sign Up or Upgrade
To sign up free, go to our Plans & Pricing page and choose the free plan. This plan has a limited feature set. You'll see a notification in your account if you need to upgrade to a particular paid plan in order to use a feature.
To sign up for a paid plan:
- Go to our Plans & Pricing page and choose a plan type.
- Create a username and password (the fields are case sensitive) and sign up. This creates a free account so you can get started creating surveys while your payment is being processed.
- Select a payment method from the checkout page. Processing times depend on the payment method.
- Enter your billing details.
- Click the button to confirm and pay. We'll email you a receipt if you completed your payment. Otherwise, we'll email with instructions on how to complete your payment. When we receive and process your payment, your account is upgraded and you'll have access to paid features.
Upgrading an Existing Account
To upgrade an existing SurveyMonkey account, sign in and choose a paid plan from our Plans & Pricing page. Your billing cycle refreshes when you upgrade, and we'll subtract any amount you already paid for the remaining days in your current plan from the cost of the upgrade.
If you have a team plan, you need to contact us to upgrade the team.
If you need multiple SurveyMonkey accounts for your organization and you're upgrading to an annual plan, you can create a team by purchasing additional users on the checkout page.
For your convenience, paid plans auto-renew by default to ensure you don't lose access to paid features at your next billing date. Your subscription will automatically renew and you'll be billed according to your billing frequency until you cancel it.
If a country is not listed on the checkout page, this means we can't accept payments from that country. SurveyMonkey must stay in compliance with U.S. laws regulating where and with whom we may transact. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like additional information.
To comply with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), children under the age of 13 should not create SurveyMonkey accounts. Children should only use SurveyMonkey under the active supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Surveys intended for children under 13 must comply with any applicable requirements of COPPA.