Matrix of Dropdown Menus Question
The Matrix of Dropdown Menus question allows respondents to evaluate several items using the same set of measurements by choosing from a preset list of answer choices.
Creating a Matrix of Dropdown Menus Question
To add this question type:
- Drag and drop Matrix of Dropdown Menus into your survey from the BUILDER section.
- In the Row Choices fields, enter the items you want respondents to evaluate.
- In the Column Choices fields, enter a label for the set of measurements you want respondents to use to evaluate the row items.
- Below each column choice, click Enter Answer Options and enter a list of measurements you want respondents to choose from to evaluate each row item. These are the answer options that will appear in every dropdown menu directly under that column choice.
- Configure any additional options.
- Click Save.
Under the Edit and Options tabs, you can further customize the question in the following ways:
- Add an "Other" Answer Option or Comment Field
- Require an Answer, and define a specific range or limit of rows that the respondent must answer
- Change the Question Size & Layout
- Sort, Randomize, or Flip Rows
Learn more: Editing Questions
Before you send out your survey, preview & test your survey design to see what your survey will look like to respondents.
If you require respondents to answer a specific number or range of rows, customize the error message to reflect the requirement so respondents will know how to answer the question correctly.
Since the Matrix of Dropdown Menus can be large, keep in mind that respondents using mobile devices may have to scroll to see the whole question.
There is a separate chart and data table for each column choice. Each chart will show how respondents evaluated each row item using the list of answer options in the dropdown menus.
Learn more: Customizing Charts and Data Tables