Themes let you change the look and feel of your survey by defining color and typography settings for your entire survey. There are three types of themes:
|Standard Theme||These are pre-designed themes you can apply to your survey to change overall the look and feel. With any plan type, you can apply any Standard Theme to your survey, but you need a pro plan to customize it.|
|Custom Theme||These are Standard Themes you've customized to match your own preferences, brand, or website. When you create a custom theme, it's saved in your account so you can use it again in the future on any of your other surveys. You can create Custom Themes with any pro plan.|
|Shared Theme||These are Custom Themes saved to your team's Library—available to all members of your team. Primary Admins and Admins can add themes to the Library to share them with every member of their team.|
As you build your survey, you can always use the rich text editor to make formatting changes to specific text to override the theme settings.
Applying a Theme
To apply a theme to your survey:
- In the Design Survey section, click THEMES in the left sidebar.
- Click Standard, Custom, or Team.
- Click a theme to apply it to your survey. Or, click the down arrow below a theme and choose Apply theme.
You can create a custom theme with any pro plan.
To create a new Custom Theme:
- In the THEMES section of the sidebar, click STANDARD.
- Choose the Standard Theme that's closest to what you want your final theme to look like, and click the theme to apply it. You'll use this theme as a starting point to create your custom theme. Make sure to click the Preview & Test button to get a better understanding of what theme looks like to respondents.
- TIP! Before spending the time to customize your theme, review the Editing Limitations section below to understand what elements of each Standard Theme can't be edited.
- When you're ready to customize it, click the CUSTOM tab in the THEMES section of the sidebar..
- Click Add New Theme. This creates a copy of the theme that's currently applied to the survey.
- Open each of the following sections to customize the different elements of the theme:
Enter a name for your theme to stay organized. Respondents won't see this.
You can change the color of the elements listed in the table below by using the color picker, or entering your own hex codes.
|1||Survey Logo Background|
|3||Survey Title Background|
|6||Page Title Background|
|8||Progress Bar Text|
|9||Progress Bar Indicator|
|10||Progress Bar Border|
|11||Progress Bar Background|
|17||Answer Text Highlight|
NOTE: The Survey Background color will only show if you haven't added a Background Image.
The background and font colors of the Next button will always match the Survey Title Background and Survey Title settings, which you can edit in the Colors section of your theme. If these colors are the same, the buttons will default to grey with black text.
However, you can't change the button color if you use the Sea Foam or Autumn themes. See the Editing Limitations sections below for more information.
You can choose from several popular web fonts for your survey. Choosing a font from the Font menu applies it to every text element in your survey.
You can override the main font for the Survey Title or Page Title by selecting a different font in those specific sections.
Font Size & Style
For each of the following text elements in your survey, you can edit either the text size, style (bold, italic, or underline), or both—depending on the element.
You can upload your own background image or select one from our image gallery.
To change the background image:
- Click Replace.
- Choose From Computer or From Image Gallery. The image gallery is a collection of background images from our standard themes.
- In the THEMES section of the sidebar, choose a scaling option: Full Screen or Tiling.
When respondents access your survey on a tablet or mobile device, the background image will disappear to maximize space on smaller screens. Instead, they'll only see the Page Background color.
When you customize a Standard Theme, there may be certain visual elements associated with that theme that can't be edited—depending on the theme you're using. For example, some Standard Themes have rounded corners around the survey, or an image behind the survey title. At this time there's no way to remove or change these elements.
Previewing & Testing Themes
As you customize your theme, you can view your changes on the right side of the page. However, to preview the background image, you need to Preview & Test your survey.
Themes in Email Invitations
We automatically apply the same colors you use in your survey theme to your Email Invitations when you use the HTML Template.
- The header of the HTML Template matches the survey title background color.
- The Begin Survey button of the HTML Template matches the Done button in your survey.