You can use Page Randomization to minimize order bias and improve overall data quality. This feature enables you to rotate, flip or randomize all pages in your survey, or a specific set of pages.
To enable Page Randomization:
- In the left sidebar, click LOGIC.
- Click Page Randomization.
- Choose from the following format options:
- Randomize pages - Pages will appear in a random order for each new respondent.
- Flip pages - On average, half of respondents will see the page order flipped. For example: 3, 2, 1 instead of 1, 2, 3.
- Rotate pages - Each successive respondent will see a different version, where the first page of the previous survey will be presented at the end. For example: The first respondent will see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; the second respondent will see 2, 3, 4, 5, 1; and the third respondent will see 3, 4, 5, 1, 2.
- Choose between applying the randomization to All pages in the survey or Selected pages.
- Click Apply.
When you send a survey with Page Randomization, you can see the order in which each respondent saw the pages in your survey by exporting the results in XLS format.
To see the page order that each respondent saw:
- Go to the Analyze Results section of the survey.
- Click Save As in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Export file.
- Choose All responses data.
- Choose XLS.
- Under EXPORTS in the left sidebar, click the export to download it.
- Within the Excel folder, open PageOrder.xls.
Column A in the PageOrder.xls spreadsheet contains the Respondent ID, which you can match to the Respondent ID in the spreadsheet containing your survey results.
Column B contains the page number of the first page of the survey the respondent saw, Column C contains the page number of the second page of the survey the respondent saw, and so on.