Single Textbox Question
The Single Textbox question allows you to collect short open-ended answers from respondents. You can also validate the question to require answers in a specific length or format.
Creating a Single Textbox Question
To add this question type:
- Drag and drop Single Textbox into your survey from the BUILDER section.
- Enter the question text.
- Configure any additional options.
- Click Save.
Under the Options tab, you can further customize the question in the following ways:
- Require an Answer, and define a specific range or limit of textboxes that the respondent must answer
- Validate Answer for a Specific Format
- Change the Question Size & Layout
- Enable Question Text A/B Test
Learn more: Editing Questions
Before you send out your survey, preview your survey design to see what your survey will look like to respondents.
If you validated answers for a specific format, make sure to customize the question text and error messages so respondents know how to answer the question correctly.
When you view your responses in the Analyze Results section, you'll see a list of all the open-ended responses.
Click View respondent's answers below any comment to jump to the respondent's individual response.
You can also use Text Analysis to categorize and quantify your open-ended responses.