You can use Page Randomization to minimize order bias and improve overall data quality. This feature enables you to rotate, flip or randomize all pages in your survey, or a specific set of pages.
To enable Page Randomization:
- In the left sidebar, click LOGIC.
- Click Page Randomization.
- Choose from the following format options:
- Randomize pages - Pages will appear in a random order for each new respondent.
- Flip pages - On average, half of respondents will see the page order flipped. For example: 3, 2, 1 instead of 1, 2, 3.
- Rotate pages - Each successive respondent will see a different version, where the first page of the previous survey will be presented at the end. For example: The first respondent will see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; the second respondent will see 2, 3, 4, 5, 1; and the third respondent will see 3, 4, 5, 1, 2.
- Choose between applying the randomization to All pages in the survey or Selected pages.
- Click Apply.
If you have Skip Logic or Question & Answer Piping applied to your survey, using page randomization may lead to unexpected behavior .