Copying & Pasting Questions
If you've already written your survey questions outside of SurveyMonkey, you can copy and paste questions and answer choices into SurveyMonkey all at once, instead of adding each question one by one.
This option lets you input simple question types (Single Textbox and Multiple Choice only) to get a quick start on building your survey. After adding some initial questions this way, you can make more complex edits and add more question types to your survey.
To copy and paste questions:
- On the Design Survey page, click Copy and paste questions—it's located under the Add a new question button on any survey page.
- In the textbox on the left, enter your first question:
- To create a Multiple Choice question, enter the question text on its own line, with each answer choice on its own line immediately below it.
- To create a Single Textbox question, enter the question text on its own line.
- Press Enter twice to start a new question. Each question must be separated by a blank line.
- In the Preview section on the right, view the questions you add in real time.
- Once you finish entering your questions, click Add Questions to add them to your survey and continue setting up your survey. You can add different question types, edit or switch the question type of any question you added here, change the survey title, change the survey theme, add rich text formatting, and more.