Paid plans are subscriptions that auto-renew by default to ensure you don't lose access to paid features at your next billing date. You can check your auto-renew setting in the Billing Details tab of your account.
- If auto-renew is enabled, the subscription renews at your next billing date and you keep access to paid features.
- If auto-renew is disabled, the subscription doesn't renew at your next billing date. Instead, your account downgrades to a free plan and you lose access to paid features.
You can cancel auto-renew at any time. This prevents your payment method from being charged at your next billing date, or if you pay by invoice, prevents your next invoice from being issued.
How You're Billed
Payment for your renewal is due at your next billing date. The way you're billed for your renewal depends on your payment method:
Auto-Renew is Enabled
|Pay Now||The payment method listed in the Billing Details tab is automatically charged at your next billing date.|
|Pay by Invoice||We email you and your billing contact an invoice 45 days before your next billing date. You can also access invoices from the Transaction History tab. Payment methods and instructions on how to pay are located directly on the invoice.|
Your Next Billing Date
Payment for your subscription renewal is due at your next billing date. Most plans auto-renew on an annual basis (every 12 months) on the same day each year. We also offer a monthly plan, which has several billing frequency options.
To check your next billing date:
- Log in to your SurveyMonkey account.
- Click your username in the upper-right corner.
- Select My Account.
- Click the Billing Details tab.
- Look for Next Billing Date.
The renewal amount is for your whole team and depends on your team size.
To keep your paid plan or team active, you need to complete your payment before your next billing date.