Payments in Brazil
We support Brazilian Reals (BRL or R$) for Brazilian customers using the following payment methods:
- Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Elo
- Bank Transfer: Available when paying by invoice
At this time, Boleto is not an available payment method.
Nota Fiscal is an invoice and financial document that includes all tax-related information required for reporting to local tax authorities in Brazil for goods and services. Starting July 8, 2015, we'll be issuing Nota Fiscal Eletrônica for Services (NFSe) from the São Paulo municipality for customers whose billing currency is BRL.
Your NFSe are stored in your Billing Details, along with your proforma invoices and receipts.
- If you signed up by credit card, your NFSe may be immediately available on the payment confirmation page. If your NFSe is pending and doesn't appear on the confirmation page, please wait 48 hours then check your Billing Details.
- If you signed up by bank transfer, your NFSe will be available in your Billing Details within 48 hours after your payment is processed.
- When your plan renews, your new NFSe will be found in your Billing Details within approximately 48 hours after your payment is processed.
If you have additional questions, need information on tax withholding, or don't see your NFSe in your Billing Details, please contact us.
Adding Your Tax ID
You'll need to add your CNPJ or CPF ID number on the checkout page when purchasing a SurveyMonkey plan. Adding your ID number does not exclude tax from your purchase.
- CNPJ: Identifies a business or company in Brazil. After adding a CNPJ, we'll display additional business-related fields, like company name and purchase order number.
- CPF: Identifies an individual consumer in Brazil.
You can edit your tax ID at any time by editing your payment method information in your Billing Details. Edits you make will be applied at your next renewal—edits won't be applied to any existing proforma invoices or NFSe.
See Contact Information for Payments for SurveyMonkey's CNPJ.
Changing Your Currency
Starting July 8, 2015, if you're a new customer whose billing country is Brazil, you'll pay in BRL and SurveyMonkey will be provided to you by our Brazilian subsidiary in São Paulo, SurveyMonkey Brasil Internet Ltda. It's not possible to change your billing currency from BRL.
If you're an existing customer whose billing country is Brazil and you currently pay in USD or another currency, SurveyMonkey is provided to you by our European subsidiary in Ireland, SurveyMonkey Europe.
- If you would like to start paying in BRL, please contact us. If you change your billing currency to BRL, SurveyMonkey will be provided to you by our Brazilian subsidiary in São Paulo, SurveyMonkey Brasil Internet Ltda.
- If you'd like to upgrade your account, please contact us. When you upgrade, your billing currency will change to BRL and SurveyMonkey will be provided to you by our Brazilian subsidiary in São Paulo, SurveyMonkey Brasil Internet Ltda.
If you purchase SurveyMonkey through the SurveyMonkey iOS app, billing is managed by Apple instead of SurveyMonkey. The Brazilian App Store currently only charges in USD, so it's not possible to pay in BRL.
We don't offer PayPal as a payment method for BRL payments. If you're currently paying for your subscription by PayPal, you'll need to continue to pay in USD if you want to continue to pay using PayPal.