Why is my export not opening or is the file blank?
Requesting the HTML, Summary Spreadsheet, or PDF export may cause a pop-up blocker to prevent the full download. This mostly happens if you have your browser configured to not allow pop-ups.
File is Blocked:
All summary files are exported directly to your computer from our network. If the file is not delivered, consider the following:
- A pop-up blocker may be preventing access to the results.
- Please mouse over the address bar in your browser window. You should see a blocked status.
- Right click on blocked file and force it to come through.
File is Blank:
If you received your export and cannot open the file with the embedded export URL, then it is most likely the following:
Learn more: Compressed files and file types
File is Corrupt:
Receiving a "file is corrupt" message typically indicates any of the following:
- Confirm that you have decompression software installed on their computer. All exported files are delivered in a compressed format. There could be an issue with your decompression software or an issue with the application trying to open the export file.
- You might try WinRar: (http://www.rarlab.com/)
This may solve some issues, but a common cause of this error message is an anti-virus software interfering or firewall restrictions interfering with the download.
In some cases, disabling or turning down anti-virus will allow the file to come through uncorrupted, in other cases bringing down the firewall, or allowing an exception for our domain will alleviate the problem.
Go into Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), choose Tools - Folder Options then click on the File Types tab.
- Scroll down and highlight the ZIP extension, choose Advanced and check the Confirm Open option.
- What this does is prompts you with the dialogue box to Run, Save or Cancel.
- Hit Save and then you can open the file.