Text Analysis makes qualitative research faster and easier by highlighting important terms and allowing you to categorize open-ended responses. The ability to analyze what your respondents say helps you gain insight into their attitudes, behaviors, concerns, motivations, and culture.
Text Analysis is available for GOLD and PLATINUM plans.
Cloud View and List View
The Cloud View shows you the most important words and phrases your respondents used. The larger the font size, the more important or significant the word. The List View orders the words shown in the Cloud View by highest to lowest number count. Click on a word to see all of the responses associated with it.
You need about 20 responses or more in order for important words or phrases to display in the views. If you have over 5000 responses, the feature may not work properly.
From the My Categories tab, you can create categories to tag responses by keyword:
- Click +New Category.
- Enter a name for your category and choose a color to help you distinguish it from other categories.
- Go to the Responses tab to select responses
- Click Categorize as... and select the category.
- Click Filter by Category to view only responses tagged with a particular category.
After you categorize your responses, the My Categories tab displays the number of responses you tagged per category so you can do quantitative analysis.
To export survey results, you need a SELECT, GOLD, or PLATINUM plan. To export the categorized open-ended responses for a particular question:
- At the top of the question, click Export.
- Select Question summary data.
- Choose an export format (PDF, XLS, or CSV).
- Select Include open-ended responses.
- Click Export.
All responses and categories for the question will export, even if you filtered your responses by category before exporting. You can use your spreadsheet software to filter by category.
The All Summary Data export type also includes your categorized responses, if you included open-ended responses in your export. However, All Responses Data exports do not include categories you created.