Question Bank contains hundreds of questions created and certified by our very own survey methodologists—which minimizes bias and gives you the most accurate responses to your survey questions. Learn how we built Question Bank »
Adding a Question
Question Bank is available on all plan types. To add a question:
- Go to the Design Survey section of your survey.
- In the left sidebar, click QUESTION BANK.
- Search for keywords or click a category to browse.
- Click a question to add it to the survey, or drag and drop the question to the desired position in the survey.
Questions are available in multiple languages. Edit the survey language to use Question Bank in another language.
Editing Certified Questions
Questions added from the Question Bank have a badge indicating that they're SurveyMonkey certified. This badge is for your reference only and will not show to respondents.
Editing a Question Bank question can result in the loss of certification since we can no longer verify that the question is methodologically sound—it may be subject to bias and accuracy issues.
Certain questions can be customized without the loss of certification. If you see drop-down menus in the question text, click to see options that may better fit the context of your survey.
|The benchmark icon indicates whether a question or template is benchmarkable. Look for the benchmark icon when adding questions from Question Bank or creating survey from an expert template.|
Your response data from any eligible Question Bank questions will be contributed to benchmarks on an de-identified and aggregated basis. You can opt out of benchmarks at any time by changing your privacy settings.
We developed Question Bank questions that work great for SurveyMonkey Audience customers who are buying a targeted audience. You can use the pre-written Market Research questions to help you get started creating your survey.
Click the drop-down menu at the top of the Market Research category to filter by the following subcategories and expert templates:
- Brand Research: Understand brand awareness and perceptions on existing products or services.
- Consumer Research: Understand new, niche, or difficult-to-quantify market or business opportunities.
- Design Feedback: Get feedback on the design or text elements of a new product or service, website or campaign.
- Investment Research: Understand usage of popular services and brands and forecast trends.
- Online & Mobile: Understand new, niche, or difficult-to-quantify market or business opportunities specific to the online and mobile marketplace.
- Purchase Intent: Understand purchase intent on existing products or services.
The questions in the Question Bank match the survey language for that particular survey.
Question Bank questions are available in the following survey languages:
When using Question and Answer Piping, you can pipe from a Question Bank question into a regular question. However, you can't pipe into a Question Bank question.
At this time, you can't add the following features to a Question Bank question:
- Random Assignment
- Sort, Randomize, Flip Choices
- Add "Other" Comment Box