How to Collect Survey Responses
After you finish designing your survey, create a collector to distribute it. Survey responses are then recorded directly in your account.
You can create multiple collectors per survey to reach respondents through various channels. There's a limit of three collectors per survey for BASIC plans, but there isn't a limit for professional plans.
To add a collector:
- Go to the Collect Responses section of your survey.
- Choose the type of collector you'd like.
- Edit the collector settings.
- Send the survey!
No matter how many collectors you have, all responses for the survey are recorded in the Analyze Results section of the survey. You can filter by collector to focus on a particular group of respondents.
- Web Link: Create a link so you can send or post your survey online via email, Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere else you'd like.
- Facebook: Post your survey on your Timeline and in your friends' news feeds.
- Website: Add the survey to your website so it displays or pop ups when people visit.
- Email: Use our messaging system to send your survey by email and easily track respondents.
- SurveyMonkey Audience: Purchase survey responses from people who meet certain demographic criteria. (Not available in all countries.)
- Manual Data Entry: Input responses collected offline or add responses on behalf of someone without an internet connection.
Collector settings enable you to customize your respondents' survey-taking experience—they affect who can access your survey, how many times respondents can take the survey, and what respondents see when they're done. Additionally, these settings allow you to track respondents or keep results anonymous.
Make sure to familiarize yourself with the collector settings before sending out your survey!