Collecting Survey Responses
In this Article
- What is a Collector?
- Tips to Consider before Sending a Survey
- Survey Distribution Options
- Video: Best Practices for Collecting Responses (English Only)
What is a Collector?
A Collector is a means for gathering responses. SurveyMonkey offers 5 collector types, enabling you to collect responses through multiple channels at once. With the free BASIC plan, you can create 3 collectors per survey. All paid plans allow unlimited collectors per survey.
Tips to Consider before Sending a Survey
Test the collector to ensure that the entire survey experience is set up as preferred.
Implement a tracking method to be able to match each respondent to their answer set.
Change the collector settings to allow multiple responses per computer if you plan to have respondents answering the survey from a shared computer.
With a GOLD or PLATINUM plan, edit the Survey Completion options to redirect respondents to your own website, close the browser, or loop the survey back to start upon submitting a survey response.
Survey Distribution Options
How to distribute your survey depends on the collector type selected:
- Web Link
- Send your survey through SurveyMonkey's mailing system.
- Add recipients, create an email message, and send the message all within the collector.
- A unique survey link is generated for each recipient, which means that each response is linked to the email address that submitted it.
- View response statuses at any time and send a reminder email to those who have not responded.
- Generates code to embed the survey into your own website, or to create a popup survey on your site.
- Embed the survey on your Facebook Page using our Facebook app
- Share the survey URL on your Facebook wall.
- Purchase responses from a specific demographic through SurveyMonkey Audience and leave the survey distribution up to us.
For more detailed information about collecting responses, view this tutorial: How to collect responses