Copying a Survey
- Classic Design
- New Design
Classic and New DesignD
Classic Design is our original survey design tool. New Design is our new survey design tool that is currently in beta.
Which version am I using? »
You can copy a survey from your account easily. This is a great practice if you have a particular design you've created that you'd like to use as a template for another project since you can modify the copied design if you need to make it more specific.
Additionally, you're able to send a copy of your survey design to other accounts provided that the receiving account is paid.
- Click Create Survey from the top right-hand corner of your account.
- Choose Copy an existing survey, pick the survey you'd like to copy, and enter a name and nickname (only you see the nickname) to differentiate it in your account. NOTE: BASIC users cannot copy a survey with more than 10 questions.
- Click Continue. If applicable, make edits and then send the survey out to your respondents.
Copying a survey will create a duplicate version of the survey in your account. You can edit the copied version however you'd like without affecting the original survey or its responses.
To copy a survey:
- Click + Create Survey in the upper right corner of your account.
- Choose Edit a Copy of an Existing Survey.
- Choose the survey you'd like to copy from the menu.
- Enter a title for the copy of the survey.
- To review the survey you're about to copy, use the left and right arrow buttons to page through the questions or click Preview to preview the survey design in full.
- Click Let's Go! to continue on to edit the copy of the design.
- Themes, logos, logic, and other survey design settings will carry over to the copied version of the survey.
- Free BASIC users cannot copy surveys that contain more than 10 questions.
You can also copy a survey into another user's account.