Canceling an Account or Disabling Auto-Renewal
If you reside in Europe, you may have additional cancellation rights that can be exercised within specified time-frames. For more details, see: Subscription Cancellation Policy (Europe only).
Canceling a SELECT, GOLD, or PLATINUM Account
To cancel or disable auto-renewal for your SELECT, GOLD, or PLATINUM plan:
- From the username drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account.
- Click the Billing Details tab.
- Under the Billing Profile section, click Cancel to the right of Auto-renew.
- Confirm the cancellation terms and date, and click Cancel Auto-Renew.
Your account will remain active with access to professional features until the end of the billing cycle, at which time your plan will automatically revert to the free BASIC plan. Your data will be stay intact in case you decide to come back to us and upgrade at a later date. However, your access to your data will change once you have a BASIC account. For example:
- New surveys created will be limited to 10 questions
- Filtering, crosstabbing, and other premium features will be disabled
- You'll be limited to viewing up to the first 100 responses to each survey
- For PLATINUM users, any existing collectors that use the research.net domain will not be affected. However, the option to use this white label domain for future collectors will no longer be available.
- Downloading will be disabled
If your account just renewed, following the steps above will not refund the charge. Contact us for further assistance so we can review.
Canceling HIPAA-Enabled Accounts (U.S. Only)
If you cancel a HIPAA-enabled account, your account will be placed into a suspended state at the end of the billing period. SurveyMonkey will retain a suspended account for the period of time stated in the BAA in order to provide you with an opportunity to unsuspend your account by renewing it. At the end of the suspension period, SurveyMonkey will close your account and delete all data in it. Learn more: HIPAA Compliance and SurveyMonkey
Canceling an ENTERPRISE Subscription
To cancel your Enterprise Subscription, please contact us for assistance.
Canceling a Free BASIC Account
If you have a free BASIC account, there is no billing activity to cancel, so you won't find a cancellation button in your account. If for certain reasons you need this account deleted or disassociated with your information; deleting an account is irreversible:
- If you have billing history on your account: We can disassociate your account from your information, but due to legal reasons, we can't delete your account history entirely.
- If your account has never been paid: We can delete your account entirely.
To proceed with either option above, contact our support team . Please include in your email to support that you confirm you would like the account permanently deleted or disassociated which will clear the data and free up the username for other future users. This action can't be undone, so let us know you confirm you'd like this done and our support team will take care of your request swiftly! In these requests, please include your username "I confirm I'd like (my username) permanently deleted/disassociated."
NOTE: If you participate in SurveyMonkey Contribute (English only), deleting your BASIC account will also purge your Contribute account. To delete your BASIC account, you need to delete your Contribute account first. See how here (English only).
What if There's an Outstanding Invoice on My Account?
If you have a new unpaid invoice on your account, don't worry-- you don't have to pay it before you cancel. However, the way our system works you're not able to cancel the account yourself when there's an outstanding invoice, so just drop our speedy support staff a line, and we'll cancel the account for you: Contact Support