How do I add a prize or reward to my survey?
SurveyMonkey's Reward feature provides a way to motivate respondents to answer your survey by offering a reward. You can choose between several incentives such as an instant win game, a sweepstakes entry or a coupon specific to your business. All reward fulfillments are expertly handled by our partners at ePrize. Any SurveyMonkey user can take advantage of this feature, and it is available in all plan types (free or paid).
To review our reward policy, visit: SurveyMonkey Reward Policy.
Available Reward Options
- Instant Win Game: Every week SurveyMonkey awards a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card to one lucky winner across all surveys using this incentive. To learn more: What is an Instant Win Reward?
- Sweepstakes: Invite your respondents to enter a sweepstakes limited to your respondents for a chance to win an Amazon.com Gift Card (provided through ePrize), or a custom reward (provided by you). To learn more: What is a Sweepstakes Reward?
- Coupon: Reward all respondents with a printable coupon designed by you. To learn more: What is a Coupon Reward?
How to Include a Reward with Your Survey
At the start of your survey, we add a page to introduce your survey and the reward. Then at the end of your survey, we add a page to thank the respondent and explain how to get their reward. To get started:
- Click the Collect icon after you finish creating the survey.
- Create & open a collector for your survey. (Don't forget to configure the collector settings and restrictions!)
- Click the Rewards option on the left side of the page.
- Choose your option of Instant Win, Sweepstakes or Coupon, and click [Choose & Continue].
- Configure the reward information and enter the end date. Note: Due to legal reasons, you will not be able to change your reward or the reward end date once you complete the purchase.
- Customize the Introduction page. Your reward information will appear as the first page of the survey. (This is optional.)
- Enter your contact information. The law requires that the correct email and physical address (not the name) of the person or company giving away the reward must be included in the official rules available to the participant.
- Click Continue to Pay and enter in your credit card information to finalize the purchase.
- Click the Rewards button at any time under the collector settings to review the Rewards Summary and Status information.
One Response Only: When using the reward feature, you can only allow one response on the link. You will not be able to allow multiple responses.
One Reward Per Collector: You can only purchase one reward per collector. If you want multiple rewards for one survey, then you will need to create a collector for each reward and purchase each reward individually. This means you pay the $15 processing fee (+ any additional reward charges such as the value of the Amazon.com Gift Card on the sweepstakes option) for each collector. Each collector (i.e. survey link) will then have its own pool of potential winners. All respondents will have a chance to enter to win the reward associated with the link they use to answer the survey. NOTE: You can copy the same reward onto multiple collectors for the same survey free of charge. However, by doing this it means you are only awarding ONE reward for all collectors. Copying a reward means all respondents are combined into one reward pool. One winner will then be selected across all collectors for that survey.
Survey Respondent Instant Win or Sweepstakes Entry
- As respondents complete the survey, a separate Instant Win or Sweepstakes entry form page opens. You do not need to create demographic questions in the survey to collect the respondents' information.
- Survey participants can enter for a chance to win through this separate entry form while keeping their survey responses anonymous. You can track the number of people who entered to win under the Reward's Status and Summary in the collector.
- Our reward partner randomly picks the winner and contacts him or her to deliver the reward on your behalf. (Note: In the case of the self fulfilled Sweepstakes, as the survey creator, you will receive notice of the winner and are responsible for contacting that person to deliver the reward.)
- This is a U.S. only feature.
- You must be a U.S. resident, with a U.S. credit card, and agree to SurveyMonkey's Reward Policy to add a reward.
- Respondents must reside in the U.S. and be 18 years or older.
1. How do I change my reward type, reward end date, or cancel the reward ? Due to various legal restrictions around lotteries and gaming, it is not possible to modify the rules of the contest after the contest has begun. If you want to cancel the reward you won't get a refund. Simply go to your collector settings and set the restriction's end date to today, or just click the Close button on the collector.
2. How can I preview an example of each reward type?
3. What information must I provide for my reward? After you create your survey, you will select the type of reward you wish to offer (e.g. instant win, sweepstakes or coupon), the date you wish it to end, your billing information and your contact information. Your contact information is required so that official rules may be generated for your promotion. All survey participants will be able to see your contact information in the official rules.
4. What data are we collecting from the survey respondents? The registration information required by ePrize for the reward entry will be kept separate from the survey responses on SurveyMonkey.
5. Why is there a $15 fee to add a reward? There are several services that we provide when you choose to add a reward to your survey:
- Official Rules: Most states in the U.S. have strict gambling laws. When you purchase a reward with us, we provide a set of rules vetted by legal experts so you and your reward are covered.
- Secure Reward Entry: We collect and store entries for respondents who wish to participate in Sweepstakes or Instant Win games. Our entry form uses 128-bit encryption to protect participant info, and contains a captcha to help prevent automated fraudulent entries.
- Fulfillment: We take care of picking the winner and emailing them the gift card. You don't have to spend time doing any of that!
- For the Custom Sweepstakes, we collect entries, and randomly select winners for you. You will be responsible for delivering the reward to the winner.
- For the Instant Win drawing, you only pay $15 and your respondents could win a $100 gift card each week that the reward is active. Not only do we pay for the $100 gift card, but we also handle selecting the winner, and emailing them their reward.
- For the Coupon, we host your coupon and provide your customers with an easy way to print it.
6. If I already paid for a reward, can I use it on my other surveys? No. However, you can use it on other collectors for the same survey. When you create a new collector for the same survey, go into the Rewards section. Click the "copy reward" drop-down to apply an existing reward to the new link.
7. How do I change the introduction page and can I disable it? Go to the Rewards section in the collector settings and then click on "Edit intro page". You aren't required to have an introduction page, so you can disable it any time. However, we strongly recommend that you do. After all, if you're giving away a great incentive, why not tell people about it to encourage them to complete your survey?
8. Why can't I see who won the Instant Win game? We guarantee to respondents that we don't share their personal information with survey creators. This is so that creators can create anonymous surveys and still provide incentives. Note: If you do a Custom Sweepstakes, then you will be emailed the names of one winner plus two alternates, but you will not know any other personal information. This is because you are responsible for delivering the reward on your end. You will need to contact the winner to schedule the delivery of your reward.
9. What if nobody takes my survey and enters to collect my reward? Then we send the reward back to you. There are no refunds.
10. Can I get a refund? Refunds are not available for rewards. If, however, ePrize unsuccessfully attempts to fulfill a sweepstakes on the survey creator's behalf (i.e. ePrize contacted 3 winners within the allotted time and no one claimed the reward) then the reward will be awarded to you, the survey creator.