5 Tips for Writing a Great Survey
- Define Your Objectives. Figure out the decision or decisions you're trying to make to focus your survey.
- Work Backwards. Once you've set your objectives, determine the data you need to gather in your survey to make your decision.
- Check for Bias. Make sure you're not asking leading questions.
- Do a Test Drive. Send your survey to friends and colleagues for a test run. They'll help make sure your questions and response options are understandable and all your survey logic works.
- Collect Results and Analyze Data. This is where it gets really fun. The data rolling in from your survey should help you decide what product to launch next, how to raise more money at your next fundraiser, what to do to keep customers coming back, what to serve at your next party and much more.
Survey Best Practices. Learn best practices and guidelines to help you get the insights you need to make smarter decisions—Surveys 101 (English only).