Can I send a survey URL through a MailChimp campaign?
SurveyMonkey and MailChimp have combined forces to provide more ways for you to email surveys to your friends, customers, employees, fans, etc. This API allows you to design a survey in SurveyMonkey and then distribute it through a SurveyMonkey email template in MailChimp.
To learn more about MailChimp, visit their website: http://mailchimp.com/ (Note: MailChimp's website is currently in English only.)
Distribute Your Survey with MailChimp:
- Create a survey in your SurveyMonkey account. Once you finish designing it, click the [Send Survey] button in the upper right hand corner of the Edit Survey page.
- On the bottom of the Web Link/URL page, you will see the option of More Ways to Send Your Survey.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the [Get Started] button for Distribute Your Survey with MailChimp.
- This opens the MailChimp login page. You will need to link your two accounts. (If you don't have a MailChimp account, you will need to create one.)
- Once logged into MailChimp, it automatically starts a campaign for you. Configure the campaign details.
- Use the SurveyMonkey template. You won't have to copy and paste in a link as this is automated for you through the template.
- Schedule the delivery of the campaign through your MailChimp account.
Response Tracking and Analysis:
A. SurveyMonkey: All of your survey responses are returned into the Analyze section of your SurveyMonkey account. These responses are anonymous in this section. We currently do not record the email address associated with the MailChimp list that distributed the survey.
B. MailChimp: In the reports section of your MailChimp account, you can view who completed the survey (and their response), how many have started, and how many people haven't started at all.
In addition, you can even send a follow-up email:
- to those that have not started
- to those that have started but did not finish
- to those that completed (as a thank you note)
Check out MailChimp's blog on our integration (in English only): MailChimp Integrates with SurveyMonkey