Adding and Managing Pages
- Classic Design
- New Design
Classic and New DesignD
Classic Design is our original survey design tool. New Design is our new survey design tool that is currently in beta.
Which version am I using? »
To add a page into the survey design, click the [+ Add Page] or [Split Page Here] button directly above or below an existing question. This is configured while in the Edit Survey mode.
- Click on the Design icon next to the survey on the My Surveys page.
- This opens the Edit Survey page.
- To add a new page above or below an existing page, click the [+ Add Page] button above or below it.
- If you have more than one question created on a page, the [Split Page Here] button appears between them. If you want to create a "page break", click the Split Page button. This creates a new page and moves any questions below that button onto it.
You can delete a page or remove a break in pages. When you delete pages, you're given the option to delete all the questions on the page or move them to the page above or below.
Here's how to delete a page, or remove a pagebreak:
- Click the Design Survey tab or the Design icon corresponding to your survey if you're starting from the My Surveys page.
- Pick the page you'd like to view or click View all pages, then scroll to the page you'd like to modify.
- Click Delete located right above the page.
- To delete a pagebreak, pick Move all questions to the page above or below.
- To delete the page and questions, pick Delete all questions on this page. If you have responses on your survey, this will clear responses associated with the question(s).
- Click Yes, Delete Page.
Use multiple pages in your survey to help organize and break up a long list of questions. This makes it easier for your respondents to take the survey—respondents will feel they are making progress, and every time they go to the next page, their partial responses are saved.
You can add a new page, or split an existing page, from the BUILDER section of the sidebar:
|Intro Page||Adds an intro page to the beginning of a survey.|
|New Page||Creates a new page in your survey. You can either click to add the page to the end of the survey or drag and drop the page after another page in the survey.|
|Page Break||Splits an existing page in two. Drag and drop the page break between two questions. You can't undo a page break. To reverse it, delete a page and move all of its questions to the page above or below it.|
At the top of any page, click the More Actions menu to see the following options:
|Copy page||Duplicate the page and choose where to place it in the survey. All of the questions on the page will be included on the copied version, but logic such as Page Skip Logic or Page Randomization will not carry over to the copied version (unless Page Randomization is applied to all questions in the survey).|
|Move page||Move the page to another position in the survey. Any Page Skip Logic and Page Randomization will remain applied to the page, so make sure to test the logic paths thoroughly before sending your survey to respondents.|
|Edit page info||Edit the page title and page description.|
|Delete page||Removes the page from your survey. You can choose to delete all its questions, or move them to the previous or next page.|
Page Titles and Descriptions
Click + Add Page Title directly at the top of any page in your survey design to add a page title or description.
You can choose to show or hide page titles in the OPTIONS section of the sidebar.
You can choose to show or hide page numbers in the OPTIONS section of the sidebar.