Adding and Managing Pages
- Classic Design
- New Design
Classic and New DesignD
Classic Design is our original survey design tool. New Design is our new survey design tool that is currently in beta.
Which version am I using? »
To add a page into the survey design, click the [+ Add Page] or [Split Page Here] button directly above or below an existing question. This is configured while in the Edit Survey mode.
- Click on the Design icon next to the survey on the My Surveys page.
- This opens the Edit Survey page.
- To add a new page above or below an existing page, click the [+ Add Page] button above or below it.
- If you have more than one question created on a page, the [Split Page Here] button appears between them. If you want to create a "page break", click the Split Page button. This creates a new page and moves any questions below that button onto it.
You can delete a page or remove a break in pages. When you delete pages, you're given the option to delete all the questions on the page or move them to the page above or below.
Here's how to delete a page, or remove a pagebreak:
- Click the Design Survey tab or the Design icon corresponding to your survey if you're starting from the My Surveys page.
- Pick the page you'd like to view or click View all pages, then scroll to the page you'd like to modify.
Click Delete located right above the page.
- To delete a pagebreak, pick Move all questions to the page above or below.
- To delete the page and questions, pick Delete all questions on this page. If you have responses on your survey, this will clear responses associated with the question(s).
- Click Yes, Delete Page.
Use multiple pages in your survey to help organize and break up a long list of questions. This makes it easier for your respondents to take the survey—respondents will feel they are making progress, and every time they go to the next page, their responses are saved in the Analyze Results section of your survey.
In the Design Survey tab, you'll see the option to + Add New Page after every page in the survey.
You can also add a page from the BUILDER menu on the left of the page. At the bottom of the list, you'll see the following page options:
- Intro Page - Adds an intro page to the beginning of a survey.
- New Page - Creates a new page in your survey. You can either click to add the page to the end of the survey or drag and drop the page after another page in the survey.
- Page Break - Splits an existing page in two. Drag and drop the page break between two questions. You can't undo a page break—to reverse it, delete a page and move all of its questions to the page above or below it.
There is a limit of 400 pages per survey.
At the top of each page, there are buttons to Copy, Move, or Delete a page. When you delete pages, you're given the option to delete all the questions on the page or move them to the page above or below. Learn more »
Page Titles and Descriptions
Click + Add Page Title directly within the survey design. A window opens where you can edit the title and description.
You can show or hide all Page Titles from the OPTIONS menu on the left of the page. Learn more »
Click OPTIONS from the menu on the left of the page. You can show or hide page numbering. Learn more »