How do I link my SurveyMonkey account to my Google account?
When you first create an account with SurveyMonkey, there are a couple of options for creating your login credentials. You have the option to:
- Create a unique username and password by following the Pick a Username option.
- Or you can link your Google Account first and automatically sign in every time using your Google username.
NOTE: Keep in mind that your Google account can be linked to only one SurveyMonkey account at a time.
Sign Up with Google:
If you have not created a SurveyMonkey account yet and you wish to sign in using your Google Account, simply click the [Sign Up with Google] button first. The system asks for your permission and to confirm your Google username. This will become your SurveyMonkey username and we will assign a password to you.
Now any time you visit SurveyMonkey, click the [Sign in with Google] button to automatically login.
Sign In with Google:
If you have already created a SurveyMonkey account, but you do have a Google account that you wish to link, click on the [Sign in with Google] button. You will be prompted by Google Accounts that SurveyMonkey is asking for some information:
- Enter your Google Account email and password.
- Next you will be prompted to enter your SurveyMonkey Username and password. This will link the two.
- Now any time you visit SurveyMonkey, click the [Sign in with Google] button to automatically login.
You also have the ability to link your accounts under the My Account tab.
- Scroll to the Linked Accounts section.
- Click the [Google] button to link your Google Account.
- Once it is linked, you will see your Google username here and it will be a one-click process to sign into SurveyMonkey.
- Click the [Remove] button if you wish to remove your Google Account information.
- Going forward, you will be required to login using your SurveyMonkey username and password.
NOTE: Your Google username and password remain unchanged when you remove it as a linked account.
Additional Information:Secure Connection:
When you link your accounts, SurveyMonkey asks permission only for your Google account name and email address. This creates an identifier that is unique to SurveyMonkey and cannot be used with any other website where you login with your Google username and password. It does not provide us access to your Google account nor does it provide Google access to your SurveyMonkey account.
Google Apps Marketplace:
SurveyMonkey is a now a part of the Google Apps Marketplace, and you can also sign in to SurveyMonkey through your Google Apps Marketplace environment. We are currently integrated in the marketplace with the:
- Universal Navigation Bar
- Single Sign On
NOTE - Login Process: There is a difference between a Google Apps login versus a Google Account login (e.g. Gmail). A Google Apps Marketplace account allows you to login to SurveyMonkey from the universal navigation bar rather than having to go to our homepage to login. If you have not downloaded us into your Google Apps Marketplace or if you (or the account administrator of your Google Apps account) have not enabled the OpenID setting on that domain, then you cannot login using your Google Apps login.