How To Export Survey Results
We offer several export formats to paid users for downloading survey data in raw and summary forms. These types of exports are available in the Download Responses section:
- PDF summary
- HTML summary
- XML summary
- CSV summary spreadsheet
- Excel Format
- All Responses Collected spreadsheet (Spreadsheet Format or Advanced Spreadsheet Format)
- SPSS (Available with GOLD and PLATINUM plans only.)
Take a look through our video to get started, or follow the instructions below. (Note: This is currently available in English only.)
To export your responses, please do the following:
- Click the Analyze icon on the My Surveys page next to the survey. The Response Summary page opens.
- Click the Download Responses button located on the left side of the page.
- Choose the download type of either an All Responses Collected or a Summary Report version.
A. All Responses Collected:
If you need the entire results format, do the following:
- Select the All Responses Collected Spreadsheet option.
- Choose either Spreadsheet or Advanced Spreadsheet. Choose either the 'condensed' or 'expanded' columns and the 'actual choice text' or 'numerical value' cells.
- If you wish to download existing filters applied on the entire results, place a tick mark in that option. Only the filtered data will be exported.
- The export will be delivered to the email address that you specify. These can also be accessed directly in the account under the Download History section.
NOTE: The difference is that the Spreadsheet format allows you to choose between condensed vs expanded formats. The Advanced Spreadsheet will always be expanded, and it also combines row 1 (the questions headers) and row 2 (the answer choice headers) of the "Spreadsheet" format into one row.
B. Summary Report:
If you need a Summary Spreadsheet (CSV or Excel), HTML, XML, or PDF version of the results, choose the Summary Report download. These formats download directly to your computer. For additional information on opening exported files, visit the following tutorial: How to open export files.
: Categories in Text Analysis:
To download the categorized comments from the Text Analysis view, you will need to choose the CSV or Excel summary version. This downloads the comments with an additional column next to each one with the associated category. You can then filter within the spreadsheet.
C. Additional Information:
All exports are delivered from our server to your computer in a compressed or zipped format. You will need decompression software installed on your computer in order to open them. To learn more, click here . If you would like to read more about compressed files and file types in general, click here.
Sometimes a pop-up blocker may prevent the full download of the Summary Report results. If the summary exports are not opening on your computer, then it is most likely a pop-up blocker issue. To learn more: Blocked Exports.
We currently do not offer automated exporting. You must request each download individually per survey.
- There is not a way to schedule them in advance for a specific date and time.
- We do not offer a way to merge data between surveys for one master export.
If the characters are not properly displayed, check to see if Unicode characters have been used in the survey design. To learn more: How to open Exports with Unicode Character