Filtering by Response
You can create a Filter by Question & Answer to view only data from respondents that answered a question in a certain way. You can filter by close-ended and open-ended answers.
To create a Filter by Question & Answer:
- Click the Analyze Results tab.
- In the left sidebar, click +FILTER.
- Click Filter by Question and Answer.
- Choose the Question you wish to filter by.
- For close-ended questions, select the answer choices you'd like to include in the filtered view. For open-ended questions, enter the phrases to include, separated by commas. The filtered view will include responses that match any of the answer criteria defined in the filter ("or" logic).
- Once you've entered the preferred filter criteria, click Apply. The filter will be applied immediately.
Work Backwards - While designing your survey, think about which data you will need when it's time to analyze your results. If you need to be able to filter your results by gender, be sure to include a multiple choice question in the survey itself asking respondents to select their gender.
Filtering Results by Comments or Text