What statistical data is reported, e.g., means, median, etc.?
The Analyze section shows a summary of the results. Depending on the types of survey questions created, bar graphs or table representations of the data are presented.
Within the Response Summary page, you will see the following:
Questions & Answers: These are visible in the order in which they were created in the design.
Tallied Summary: A tally of the response totals, percents, and response counts for each question will be visible.
- View Summary: Shows you the Response Summary page.
- Browse Responses: Allows you to view individual survey responses.
- Filter Responses: Apply filters to the data for easier sorting.
- Crosstab Responses: Compare a subset of variable data with one or more questions.
- Download Responses: Export data into various formats.
- Share Responses: Share results with others without giving them direct account access.
To learn more, visit our tutorial on Question Types.
The Multiple Choice (Only One Answer Allowed and Multiple Answers Allowed) questions tabulate the Response Percent and Response Count in a bar graph format. The most popular answer choice selected by respondents will always be in bold.
The Matrix (One or Multiple Answers per Rows and Drop-down Menus) and Rating questions tabulate the Response Percent and Response Count in a table format:
1. Matrix Questions:
The data is calculated for each row of choices.
Example: If you have seven rows in the Matrix (seven answer choices), you will see seven rows of data in the table. The column headers will also be populated into the table
- Each column shows the percentages and total number in summary.
- The number indicated in bold is the most popular answer choice selected by respondents.
2. Rating Questions:
These are presented in the same manner as the Matrix question. However, you will notice an additional column labeled Rating Average.
To learn more: Rating Averages.
NOTE - Percentages: The percentages you see online in the analysis for the Rating or Matrix questions will not be exported into the summary formats. Only the total count for each column/rating heading will be presented in the Summary Spreadsheet file.
Open Ended Comments:
To view open-ended comments, click the [View] button associated with the question.
To learn more: Viewing Comments.
Advanced Statistical Analysis:
The Rating type and the Numeric with a Fixed Sum type also calculate a response average. However, the tool does not perform advanced statistics like standard deviations, means, chi-square tests, etc.
Creation of Charts:
Learn more about how to use the charts and graphs in other programs: Can I download the analysis graphs into Word or PowerPoint?
Learn more about how to create your own graphs: Can I create custom charts?