What is a Custom Report?
Professional users have the ability to create customized reports within the Analyze section. The beauty of this feature is to provide easier data management and analysis. You can export your reports to share with others or store them on your own computer.
Take a look through our video to get started, or follow the instructions below. (Note: This is currently in English only and includes audio.)
Benefits and Examples:
1. View Specific Questions
- Choose to view only certain questions instead of everyone in the design. This is great for a cross tabbed report.
- Example: Skip Logic is programmed on a survey. You only want to see a specific route. Hide all other questions that are not pertinent to the logic route.
2. Create Multiple Reports
- Toggle them on and off to view specific filters, questions, pages, etc.
- Configure a Share Response link for each report. This enables you to share only specific questions. Each report has its own unique Share Responses link.
- Export the data for an active report. The Download History section provides a summary of exports with the Report Title visible.
3. Share Sensitive Data
- Hide sensitive information and then share only the specific data that you want to be visible to others.
- Example: Names or email addresses. Configure those questions as hidden in the shared link.
How to Create Custom Reports:
- To begin, click the [Analyze] icon on the My Surveys page next to the survey. This opens the Response Summary page.
- The Default Report initially opens each time the Analyze page is accessed, and it shows all of your questions. (*This report is located on the top of the Response Summary page.
- Click the [+ Add Report] button and enter a name for your report.
- Select the questions you want to include. With the saved report applied, only the selected questions are visible on the screen. In addition, when that report is active, you can export the data as it is displayed on the screen.
- Click the [Save Report] button. All saved reports can then be accessed in the drop-down menu whenever you visit this section.
NOTE - Hidden Questions & Shared Filtering:
Do not enable filtering on the shared report. When others access it to create their own filters, all questions are visible in the Filter Editor - even if they are hidden on the shared report summary page.
Need to send out only filtered data? To learn more, view this topic: Sharing Filtered Data.