Creating Custom Survey Links for Easier Access
As a paid customer, you can create your own custom survey links. This is especially helpful if you want do to any of the following:
- Add a URL into printed materials.
- Brand the link to your company.
- Provide less room for error when respondents manually type it into a browser's web address bar.
How custom links work:
Add your customized text at the end of the URL, i.e., place your text at the end of the link. All links say "www.surveymonkey.com/s/" in the beginning portion. However, as a PLATINUM user, you may select to use the white label domain "research.net" rather than "surveymonkey.com".
- Only the Web Link collector type allows custom endings. This link type also returns anonymous responses.
- The friendly, or custom, ending can only be active on one collector at a time. To use the same custom ending on a new collector, the system will prompt you that it will reassign that link to the new collector.
- It cannot be used in the message delivered by SurveyMonkey's email. Customized links must be delivered through your own email client or published on printed material.
How to customize the end of the link:
After designing the survey, click the Collect icon associated with it.
- Create a Web Link collector (i.e. this is the first option in the Add Collector page), or for existing surveys just click the saved collector from the list.
- The collector's summary page will open to show "Your Survey Web Link" to send to your audience.
- The Customize button is located to the right of the URL. Type in your custom ending into the provided textbox.
- Click Save.
- Your custom link will look something like: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/mycompanyname or http://www.research.net/s/mycompanyname
- Alpha-numeric characters (letters A/a through Z/z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Dashes (-)
- Underscores (_)
- Extra spaces: www.surveymonkey.com/my company
- Extra slashes: www.surveymonkey.com/my/company
- These characters break the link:
- Pound signs (#), Percents (%), Apostrophe (" or '),
- Ampersand (&), etc.
NOTE: Do NOT delete the collector that this link has been assigned to or the customized link will break.